Join the Texas Workforce Commission, Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend, and Our Partners for the for the Statewide
Hiring Red, White & You! Job Fair
Thursday, November 10, 2016
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Veterans Priority Entrance
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Open to the Public
Sunrise Mall & Career Center
5858 S.P.I.D., Suite 1
Corpus Christi, TX. 78412
Click Here To Register
Click Here To Register
FMI: 361-882-7491 Ext. 415
Introducing Career Coach!
Career Coach is designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training.
Click here to meet Career Coach!
It's about learning the skill to land the job to live the dream…
We know looking for a job can be a full time job! Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend is your one-stop career shop that can make your search easier and help you along the way. Whether you are seeking employment for the first time or changing careers, the Career Centers provide you access to an array of free programs and services, all designed to help put you in the right job.
The following services are available to you at no cost:
- Current job listings and referrals to companies that are hiring
- Access to WorkinTexas.com, Texas' most comprehensive online job matching system
- Access to computerized job banks and invitations to hiring events
- Weekly professional workshops on resume writing, interviewing techniques and strategies for conducting a successful job search
- Interest and aptitude testing
- Information on available education and training programs and providers
- Information on financial aid opportunities
- Career and labor market information – "Hot Jobs", job trends, wage information, job requirements and more
- Self-service resource libraries providing computers with Internet access, resume writing software, job search and career materials, telephones, copiers, printers, fax machines and more
- Information and referral to community resource partners for services such as child care, transportation, housing assistance, etc.
- Job placement assistance for those applying for cash assistance under Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and those receiving food stamps
- Specialized employment services for Veterans
- Specialized services for customers with disabilities, including information and referrals, and assistive technology
Call or visit any one of the Workforce Solutions Career Centers near you to find out more about how we can help put you in the right job.
According to the Federal Trade Commission, "Scammers know that finding a job can be tough.
To trick people looking for honest work, scammers advertise where real employers and job placement firms do.
They also make upbeat promises about your chances of employment, and virtually all of them ask you to pay them for their services before you get a job.
But the promise of a job isn't the same thing as a job. If you have to pay for the promise, it's likely a scam."
Download the BEWARE EMPLOYMENT SCAMS FLYER here!
Download the Press Release here.
Career Ready Workforce Certification
This four-day workshop empowers you with employable job skills that organizations find an integral and necessary part of everyday business.
Your ability to handle the soft skills side of business is recognized as key to making businesses more profitable and better places to work.
• Communication Skills • Learning Skills • Teamwork • Strong Work Values • Analytical Problem Solving Skills
• Academic Competence • Personal Management • Computer Technical Literacy • Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Leadership Management Skills • Strong Work Ethics • Time Management Skills • Financial Management
• Commitment to Employer
Check out the Career Ready Workforce Certification Vignette!
FMI: 361-882-7491 • 1-888-860-JOBS (5627) • email@example.com.
Download the Career Ready Workforce Certification Flyer
Target Occupations List 2014 -2015 (PDF Download)
The targeted occupations list is developed by Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend for the most effective use of local workforce development resources. Sources of information for the target list are local area employers, economic development entities, chambers of commerce, community partners, Texas Workforce Commission labor market information regarding the Coastal Bend Counties, and knowledge gained from continuous contact with the above sources.
Look for a job 24 hours a day, seven days a week! WorkInTexas.com is the largest online job database in the State of Texas and brought to you by Workforce Solutions and Texas Workforce Commission. All you have to do is log on and register.